Universal Marine Diesel

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bill Hatter

Does Universal Motors have a web site? Or can anyone tell me where I can purcase routine maintenance items. Oil filter, fuel filter etc. I have owned my 87 Catalina 34 for a few months. Out of curiosity I decided to inspect the impeller and discovered that I needed to replace it. There was a spare impeller that came with the boat. Now, where do I get another spare. Does NAPA carry them or do I need to track down Universal?

W

Walt

Try these guys

I've been getting all my parts for my Universal M-35 from these guys at Torresen Marine. They are also a lot of help via email. Go to their web site http://www.win.net/~torresen/universal/welcome.html

C

Chris Hyland

Westerbeke owns Universal

Try any Westerbeke dealer/service outlet...

B

BW

Universal Parts

Although this is in Ohio, Brands Marina in Port Clinton, Ohio is a good source for Unversal parts. I don't know if they have a web site.

H

Harvey

Universal parts

Try a Globe Impeller. You can order from Defender. It will run 15 minutes dry, and you won't have bits of impeller parts plugging up your system. I've ran it dry and ran it for the rest of the season. You can't do that with a Universal impeller.

D

Don S

Which pump

Bill, be sure you check to see which pump they used on your Universal M-35. My 34 has a Sherwood yet the manual calls for something else (can't remember the name). And Harvey can you give us a part number for the Globe impeller?

B

Bill Hatter

It is an Oberdorfer Pump

Don, It is an oberdorfer pump. According to the schematic, it should have an impeller snap ring. I couldn't find it.I'm guessing the previous owner replaced the impeller and didn't put the snap ring back.

T

Tom Soko

Another Source

I have found that Depco Pumps have had all the Oberdorfer parts I have needed, and at very reasonable prices. They can be reached at: www.depcopump.com Good Luck. Tom.

B

Bill Hatter

Thanks Harvey

Thanks fellow sailors. I have several places to shop. Harvey, Defender got back to me today. I must say, your testimony on the Globe is impressive. As soon as I get the correct part #, I plan on trying one.

B

Bill Hendrick

Local marine store

You should be able to get all of the filters including the racor water separating filter at a local West Marine. I've always changed my oil etc on my 88 Catalina 34 and found Stoll marine or West marine to have everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.