Universal M-18 and M-25 hose between fuel injectors

Jun 11, 2004
Oday 31 Redondo Beach
On the universal M-18 there is a small hose between the fuel injectors. On the attached pdf it is item number 11 and the part is listed as 299520 - hose, fuel return. The M-25 has the same part number called fuel overflow hose (it is shown as item 12 on the nozzle holder group page in the M-25 parts book).

When I look for that part it always comes up as an "injector leak off line" and is obviously not the small bit of hose I need.

I have contacted the local dealer who contacted Westerbeke. He said "Westerbeke does not provide these rubber hoses anymore. The factory substitutes a complete fuel return line assembly made of metal. The fuel pressure is low in this area since the line runs back to the fuel tank with no restrictions. We do not have information on a substitute hose or the pressure rating of the hose used in the past. I can tell you that the old hoses are nothing special and not reinforced with wire strands."

Does anybody here happen to know the specs for that hose? I have a pretty good assumption that it is just 3/16 fuel hose (based on the hose from the pump to the injector) but have no idea what kind of hose it is. That is, I am not mechanic enough to know if it needs to be some kind of special pressure rated hose because it is between the injectors. The dealer seems to think not but I thought I'd ask here. Seems like it should just be a $2.00 piece of fuel hose but I wouldn't want to mess it up.

Attached is a picture of the hose on the engine. I'd pull it but would like to have a replacement before doing that.

If anyone has any knowledge about it I would appreciate their input.

Thanks.

i'njector hose.jpg

Attachments

RitSim

Jan 29, 2018
Beneteau 411 Branford
On my previous C30 I remember these hoses. They were held on by a very tiny spring clamp that would not hold ANY pressure. I believe any fuel rated hose of the correct diameter would work.

Nov 6, 2006
Hunter 34 Mandeville Louisiana
Ritsim is correct.. That is the return line and is open to the tank on the other end.. On some engines, it might go to the discharge of the lift pump, so max of about 5-6 psi..

jviss

Feb 5, 2004
Tartan 3800 20 Westport, MA
It's hard to find this hose, fuel resistant with such a thin wall. I was allowed to hunt around in my boat yard's parts stock and found a kit for a larger diesel that had that hose.

I would love to know where to get it by the foot!

Jun 7, 2016
Catalina C30 Warwick, RI
If I remember correctly I got mine from my local Kubota dealer. You just need to figure out which engine yours is the equivalent to with Kubota and they can get them

Jun 11, 2004
Oday 31 Redondo Beach
I've been trying to source that hose. Being in urban Los Angeles there are not any "local Kubota dealers" around and I haven't been able to find a parts manual for a Z600 engine. What I've come up with and going to try is 3/16 - 4.8mm Gates Barricade hose Searched For
It's supposed to be very resistant to permeation.
I think this is the right I.D. and should work. It is not USCG hose but I just can't find that and I doubt Kubota's would be either.

Any other help is appreciated.