TV onboard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jim Cook

I would to like to watch TV while camping overnight. Is it possible to connect my TV to the VHF (mast-top) antenna's coax cable to improve reception? If so, how? Thanks, JimC

B

Ben Allen - O'Day 26

TV Signal

Jim, The West Marine catalog does not list any splitters spicifically for TV/VHF. Could be the type of signal received requires a different type of antenna. Both West Marine and Radio Shack have antenna that are designed for marine/RV use and use DC power to boost the signal. Ben Allen Montgomery, AL "Wahoo" OD 26

J

Justin - O'day Owner's Web

TV

Jim - I have not seen a TV/VHF splitter either (a la AM/FM/VHF). I remember vaguely from highschool that the TV signal is different from an AM/FM or VHF signal, which is why TV antenna tend to be three dimmensional, like ham rigs. (Though why the backstay will make a reasonable ham antenna escapes me if the foregoing is correct). In any event, you can get a simple TV antenna at your favorite marine supplier that you run up a halyard when you want and stows away when you don't; price was reasonable (<$50) Justin - O'day Owners' Web

Status
Not open for further replies.