Trying To Save Her....

Status
Not open for further replies.

hangin

Apr 2, 2013
S2 7.3 Annapolis
I recently picked up a 1970 O'day Tempest 23. I knew it would involve some project work to bring her back to some semblance of her original glory. After a full assessment I have determined it exceeds my ability/time to get a boat into the water. Foredeck from the cleat forward is "soft", areas of the cabin top and cockpit seats are soft, and then just the general cosmetic stuff of a 43 yr old boat. The hull is in good shape and will polish up nicely, the bottom also is in good shape but needs new paint. Chain plates are solid

I have it listed on Craigslist now for $750 which essentially covers the value of the Evinrude 9.9hp long shaft o/b which runs pretty well. I would offer her up, including the o/b, to anyone here for $1, unfortunately there is no trailer so you would need to arrange transportation from Annapolis, MD. We are really hoping someone will take us up on this offer as it would be tragic to have her suffer the demise of the land fill after 40+ glorious years of splendor sailing the high seas.

PICs are at the link on Craigslist - Annapolis
http://annapolis.craigslist.org/boa/3739650219.html

Status
Not open for further replies.