Troubleshooting an External Non-Contact Fluid Level Sensor on holding tank

Jan 5, 2017
Hunter 356 SF Bay / Delta
My Hunter 356 came with the below non-contact level sensor on the holding tank. My problem is that it only shows either empty or full and nothing in between. The system looks like it has some corrosion on it, but I'm not sure if that would cause these issues, or whether I just need replacement sensors. They were originally manufactured by Snake River, which I believe is now New Providence Marine. Are there any troubleshooting steps to see if the sensor still works?

Attachments

Nov 16, 2012
Catalina 310, 2000, #31 31 Santa Cruz
I’d be suspicious of those crimp connectors. How badly are they corroded inside? Too bad they didn’t use marine grade, heat seal connectors.

Dec 2, 1997
- - LIttle Rock
Forget troubleshooting it...Replace the sender.

A little background: Snake River went out of business more than 10 years, due partly to the poor quality of their gauges. It didn't help that Hunter didn't install 'em correctly. The Snake River sales manager , Dennis Ferriello, and the SN design engineer, Dave Davis immediately started a new company, making the same type of gauge, but much higher quality and without the design flaws....the Profile Gauges. Regrettably Dennis passed away about a month ago. New Providence Marine is Dave Davis' company, but he has health problems of his own and is no longer making tank monitor parts.
SCAD Technologies Scad Tank Monitors was selling a private label version of the Profile Gauges. They now sell a different brand, but are still providing support for the Profile Monitors and can sell you the replacements sender give you all the info you need to replace it....the Profile sender is interchangeable with your Snake River sender. See "Legacy Tank Monitors" in the list of products on the left side of the SCAD tank monitors page.

--Peggie

Jan 5, 2017
Hunter 356 SF Bay / Delta
Thanks Peggie!

How do tankedge.com fit into the picture? They appear to manufacture the old Snake River gauges and sensors as well.