Trojan or Rolls for ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Alex

real deep cycle lead flood house battery ? which one will hold longer , and more cost efficient. Pros and cons ? Thanks , Alex.

D

Dave

Rolls?

Hi Alex; Sorry, I have no experience with Rolls batteries, I do know that Trojans have a good reputation here in the states. I have had good luck with Penn deep cycle flooded. They make West Marine Sea Fit brand. Fair Winds Dave S/V Westwind

B

bp

Practical Sailor Says...

...in their last evaluation of flooded batteries: Rolls are the most expensive, but last longest by far, and so over their whole lifespan are the cheapest batteries to operate.

T

Tim Schaaf

Trojans, in a landslide!

I have had six Rolls golf car batteries and four trojans. The trojans outlasted the Rolls, and for WAY less money. I know what Practical Sailor says, but I doubt if it comes from actual long term experience. Look at it this way...the largest market for the type of battery we are talking about is the golf car industry...as a golf pro, I can tell you that Trojans are huge in this industry. I will bet that you cannot find a single golf pro or golf course that has ever heard of Rolls! And golf courses are not operated to loose money.....I tried Rolls and am convinced I paid for snob appeal and hype.....and I did it TWICE!!!!!.

P

Paul Bednarzyk

Batteries

Alex, I went with Trojans because of the cost. 4 6V Rolls would have been triple the cost for the 4 6V trojans I used. By the way, I did check with my golf pro to find out which jobber he used and bought the batteries for $55 apiece. The same batteries at WM are going for $85 a piece. Paul Bednarzyk S/V Knot Again

Status
Not open for further replies.