Tridata ST 50

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Ron Honeycutt

My tridata recently started giving me incorrect speed, distance and water temperature. I sent the unit back to Autohelm who said there was notheing wrong with the display control head. They said it could be the transducer which houses the impeller. Here's the catch. They claim they do not make the same transducer I have. Mine is approximately 1 3/4 inches in diameter and the one they now make is about 1 1/4 inches in diameter. Does anyone know of any place I can contact to see if there is a spare transducer for my unit. It is approximately 6 1/2 years old. Secondly, does anyone know how to retrofit a smaller transducer through hull mount for a smaller one.

B

Bob Teeter

I had a problem with my transducer to my ST 50 Speed. I don't have a Tridata, but the transducer is the same. I had the same luck, but West Marine was able to come wup with another transducer from a aftermarket manufacturer that worked. I guess the new transducers have some sort of door on them that closes when you pull the transducer while in the water and the old one does not. I would give the West Marine electronic adviser a call or send an E-Mail and see if they can be of help. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.