Traveler Cup Holder & Line Bag

Jun 4, 2010
Catalina Capri 22 Cincinnati
[attachment=1]Capri 22 Traveller Cup Holder and Line bag.jpg[/attachment While examining a new Catalina 275 Sport, I noticed the unique Cup Holders and Line Bags that Catalina includes on this model. Great idea! Basically they are mounted under the Traveler Bar and swivel into position when needed. Additionally, they have a Line Bag which snaps to the hold's base. Since our Capri 22 didn't have any Cup Holders, a solution was needed. I made our out of Sapele Wood and some recycled SS Lifeline Cup Holders. I'll use the bag to hold the Traveler's "Continual Line" and some miscellaneous stuff.

Attachments

Jul 7, 2015
That's excellent! Tons of utility. When I redid my traveler I thought of trying to make an under-slung bracket to hold a GPS or iPhone or iPad. I use those for navigation-my pals all heckeled the idea. Your's is great, I can never figure where to stow the traveler line.

Sep 4, 2013
Agreed, and thanks for posting this idea bigpapaporsche. I have it next up on my enhancement to-do list for my boat. When day sailing with friends it will give the traveler an apparent purpose aside from tripping up the passengers.

So sorry to hear you are selling your boat.

Steve