transporting my 28

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y

york brown

I am in the process of having her trucked up to oregon from san diego, and I have some questions. 1. can three people drop the mast while she sits at anchor? what else should I do to prepare her for travelling on the truck? this is my first time transporting a boat by truck, so any info would be welcome.

Y

york brown

I am in the process of having her trucked up to oregon from san diego, and I have some questions. 1. can three people drop the mast while she sits at anchor? what else should I do to prepare her for travelling on the truck? this is my first time transporting a boat by truck, so any info would be welcome.

J

john

columbia 28

I moved my columbia on a cradle that i built, and it could have been shipped any place in the u s.It,s very easy to take the mast down with two people. I loosen the side shrouds, and then while someone holds the mast forward I loosen the forward stay and tie a rope around the end and fasten it to the anchor roller or something solid on the bow. I let the mast down as someone steady's it and helps hold the pressure as I lower it with the rope.

J

john

columbia 28

I moved my columbia on a cradle that i built, and it could have been shipped any place in the u s.It,s very easy to take the mast down with two people. I loosen the side shrouds, and then while someone holds the mast forward I loosen the forward stay and tie a rope around the end and fasten it to the anchor roller or something solid on the bow. I let the mast down as someone steady's it and helps hold the pressure as I lower it with the rope.

Y

york brown

thank you

Thank you for your response, the two previous owners of the boat have volunteered to help me lower the mast and make her ready for the truck. they have both been very helpful to me, and I hope that we will maintain contact through our journeys. thanks to rich and ross in san diego york

Y

york brown

thank you

Thank you for your response, the two previous owners of the boat have volunteered to help me lower the mast and make her ready for the truck. they have both been very helpful to me, and I hope that we will maintain contact through our journeys. thanks to rich and ross in san diego york

Status
Not open for further replies.