Transport of O'Day 22

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Ron Coyle

I need to transport an O'Day 22 from CT to Mobile, AL and do not know of any boat hauling services. Any suggestions? The boat does not have its own trailer. It is in dry dock right now. Thanks! RDC

P

Pete

boat transport CTto Al.

You may want to think about getting a trailer and towing it yourself (if you have the time and vehicle to tow it)transpoting a boat is expensive. Figure between $1.50 and $2.oo per mile(plus tolls) at appx 1300 miles. plus any loading and unloading fees that may be incured.while you may spend the same money to do it yourself at least you would have the trailer afterward to use for storage and local transport or resell to try and lower your overall cost.You could be lucky enough to find a large boat haulng outfit that could maybe piggyback your boat on to a load with another smaller boat to help lower cost but not very much.Not the best suggestion but not a lot of good choices as I see it Good Luck !

J

Justin - O'day Owners' Web

I agree with finding a trailer

Seems like a great solution. For a boat your size a trailer is probably more cost effective, and you'd have it when you were done. Justin - O'day Owners' Web

B

BRUCE CUTCLIFFE

TRAILER IS THE WAY TO GO

You do not want to pay to have a 22 foot sailboat hauled from CT to AL irrespective of how attached you may be to the boat. If you must keep the boat; then I agree with other responses recommending that you locate a trailer, preferably one with rollers (not a bunk type trailer). If you lack a proper vehicle to tow the boat, how about renting a moving truck equipped with adequate trailer hitch. I suspect the cost will still be substantially less than a boat transport company. Good luck!

N

nick maggio

trucker

I got a price of $1200.00 for my 290 from deltaville virginia to the north shore long Island and that does not in clude the remast and put in,instead I had it sailed home for less money,try looking for a trailer.

M

MArk

A trailer

Ron, The related link (on odayowners.com for sale) shows an O'day 22 on its trailer. In fact, for $2,600 you can get this trailer AND the boat on it. Since it's in North Carolina, the transport would be 1/2 too. If you've already bought the boat in CT, you might just sell/commish/broker/donate? it to get your money back. Happy sails *_/), MArk

Status
Not open for further replies.