Transponder location

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mark Divall

I have recently purchased a fishfinder with depth finder. I am wondering witch location would be the best,on the transom opposing the motor or somewhere inside the boat mounted on the hull.I,ve heard the transponder works through fibreglass.Anyone with experience to share in this area please reply. The less holes I have to put in my hull the better. Thanks. Happy sailing.

N

Ned Tyler

Inside Mounting

I have mounted my transponder inside the hull. Things to watch out for are a solid (no air) connection to the hull and you must have a non-cored hull. People have mounted the transponder in sealant. I mounted mine in a short piece of PVC pipe filled with mineral oil.

C

chuck wilde

Hi I had a transponder located against the hull in a locker of a G34 which has a very well laidup hull, and it worked just fine. If you make a box around it and fill it with just enough water to cover the transponder, it will work even better. Chuck Wilde

P

Peter

Transponder location on a G23

Hi again Mark, My transponder is located in the storage section, under the starboard, aft, table seat. There is no hole in the hull for it (less holes the better) and it works just fine. I think that the placement is the best as it is as level as one can get and easy to get too. good Luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.