Transducer thru hull on Hunter 25 2005+ location

Apr 7, 2006
Hunter 25 Spicewood, Texas
On a 2005+ Hunter 25, where is the location for the thru hull speed/depth transducer on your boat? I am going to install a transducer and would love to see pictures of where it is installed on other H25's.

Feb 21, 2013
Hunter 46 Point Richmond, CA
Likely under the floor in front of the keel on the center line aft or under the bow bed accessed by removing the floor section at that location. Is this a new installation or replacement?

Last edited:
Apr 7, 2006
Hunter 25 Spicewood, Texas
It is a new install. There doesn't seem to be an area forward of the keel that is flat enough unless I mount it on one side of the division line in the hull. If I do that it won't point straight down. There are lots of flat and accessible areas on the hull near the stern but I don't know how much it would effect the speed sensor wheel if behind the keel.

Feb 21, 2013
Hunter 46 Point Richmond, CA
At this point I would talk to a boatyard since you will need a haul out and thru hull installed. This link might be helpful.

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
For small boats, many have GPS that can give speed. For Depth transducer, there is a trick. Instead of drilling thru the hull, locate a flat spot on the interior of the hull, sand the gel coat to a smooth area big enough for the transducer to attach to making sure that area is flat with the water line. Liberally apply plumbers putty and sink the transducer into it making sure no air inbetween hull and depth finder.. Let dry for 24 hours. At first I was skeptical but it worked. Ask @Kermit as he will attest to it. Former dealer

Jun 5, 2022
Hunter 25-2 Campbell River, BC
For small boats, many have GPS that can give speed. For Depth transducer, there is a trick. Instead of drilling thru the hull, locate a flat spot on the interior of the hull, sand the gel coat to a smooth area big enough for the transducer to attach to making sure that area is flat with the water line. Liberally apply plumbers putty and sink the transducer into it making sure no air inbetween hull and depth finder.. Let dry for 24 hours. At first I was skeptical but it worked. Ask @Kermit as he will attest to it. Former dealer
How many through hulls do the 2005+ H25's come with originally?