Transducer location

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 20, 2007
- - Kansas City, Kansas
Hello,
I have a qujestion about tranducer location. I have a seafarer 26 1979 w/w outboard.
I am planning to install a Northstar M310. There are two knockout's that would have been used for the intakes if I had an inboard. Are these viable places to put the tranducers. It looks to me that it could be out of water during heeling. Can anyone offer a suggestion or where you have yours and how does it work.
Thank you in advance,
Tom

Dec 25, 2008
Catalina 34 St. Simons Island
I'm not sure about the S26' since I have a S29', but my transducer is located left of the center line (by about a foot) and near the cockpit drain seacock. I've seen this subject debated quite a bit on the old Seafarer forum and the consensus was that as near the center line as possible and forward as much as possible. In my case I've kept the transducer located where the original one was installed from the factory. A hole through the hull that will work is better than making a new hole just to tweak the results a little. I've had no problem with readings with my transducer in its less than desirable location.

Status
Not open for further replies.