Trailering 25

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dave

Looking for input on trailering a '83 Mac 25- I have an 6 cyl '00 Explorer with trailering package- believe I am well within my capacity- any input is appreciated !

B

Brad

your fine

Your fine, my 6 banger pick up does it no problem. Just if its the original trailer it doesn't have much tounge weight so it really weaves and can get considerably south of annoying on the highway. Other than that your fine. Brad

C

Chip Giles

Do not try this with a Honda

Do not tow a Mac25 with a Honda. Nothing good can come of this.

C

Chip Giles

Try it out

I have towed our Mac25 thousands of miles with various vehicles. What Brad said about the swaying is true. You need to take it out on the highway and try it out. The actual towing capacity will not be a problem. The way it pulls the boat in highway traffic with that light of a vehicle might not be to your liking. Good luck.

T

Todd

Trailering muscle

There are three things to consider when testing the lower end of the vehicle envelope. First thing is the towing capacity and tongue weight capacity of your vehicle and hitch. not enough weight forward of the wheels (tongue weight) will exaserbate the swaying; as will not running "ST" tires (ie ST215 75 14). The second and equally important is stopping power. A VW beetle will get a Mac 25 moving eventually, but have trouble braking. And third is the power to pull the boat out of the water.

Status
Not open for further replies.