Trailer Maintenance - 1983 Mac 25

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jay Litsey

Just bought 83 MacGregor. Scary trailering event back to storage. Leaky tire, signals not working, wheel bolt missing, general rusting, wheel bearings hot. Would like to get advice on: How to change tire and maybe wheel with boat on trailer (or get boat in water). Keeping the bearings greased and protected after immersion (Bearing buddies? From where?) Best place for new bolt, tires, wheels, replacement signals/wiring. Any particular black paint to use. Or just buy a replacement trailer - where?

D

D Berube

replacement items!

If you need some replacement items, you can get bearing buddies and submersible lights through Overtons, also all kinds of trailer parts and wheels! Web site is overtons.com! They also have trailer parts etc. Walmart has submersible light kits too, pretty reasonable! Overtons is reasonable, and I plan to buy more from them! The black paint, if that is the color you want, I chrome painted mine, as long as it is water proof paint, any will do! I am getting my bearing buddies from Overtons, $14.99 Bolts you can purchase, like at True Value hardware, dirt cheap, but will do the job fine! You dont have to pay top dollar to get the job done!

Status
Not open for further replies.