Trailer for Catalina 25

LTDT

Aug 2, 2019
Catalina Catalina 25 Tall Rig Henderson, NC
Cat 25 Owners...After nearly 50 years away from sailing we bought an abandoned Cat 25 in 2009 and reworked the cabin, refinished the teak, replaced the running rigging and bought new sails for her over a period of 18 months. 1 week before we were to take her for her first sail my wife had a major heart attack in a swimming pool and I resuscitated her successfully. My wife had a long and slow and very costly recovery and for financial reasons were had to pretty much abandon the boat, medical bills came before marina fees. My wife has not been physically able to do much of anything for years and we had abandoned our lifelong dream of moving the boat to salt water and retiring aboard. It is only in the past 6 months that my wife has fully recovered and on her second pacemaker......at 64 she feels and acts 25 again and is raring to go, our dream has been rekindled!. I went up to the marina in April, hadn't been in 5 years and, needless to say, Simple Pleasures is again in rough shape and will need quite a bit of TLC and refit. To my surprise the marina owners, a fabulous couple with a very big heart, are willing to waive all of the back marina fees if I can get Simple Pleasures off their dock. Herein is the problem....I don't have a trailer and the Marina doesn't have a lift. Being now retired on a fixed income and my wife on disability I don't have $7K for a new trailer as we still have medical bills we are paying off. Is there anyone in the NC area that would be willing to loan or rent me a trailer so I can bring Simple Pleasure to my home and start the refit? I believe I can put her on stands if need be once I get her here. Thank you for your consideration, you would be making our dream come true and my wife very happy, she has always blamed herself that we couldn't afford to keep the boat. Please help her put a smile on her face and salt air in her lungs.