TRAILER FOR A BALBOA 20 SWING KEEL

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

LARRY REDELFS

PLEASE ADVISE AS TO WHERE TO FIND A TRAILER FOR A BALBOA 20 FOOT SWING KEEL.

S

storm

Trailer

Likely you will have to get one built or modify an existing trailer to fit. storm

R

Ron T

One custom manufacturer

One manufacturer I received a quote from on another boat trailer is www.TRIADTRAILERS.com They offer to make trailers to specific boats. I used the quote to compare against cost associated with modification of a used trailer. Ron

P

Paul

B 20 Trailer

Larry, by way of comparison, I found a galvanized power boat trailer rated for 3600 lbs and made for a 20 foot boat, cost $350. The shop that sold me the trailer then fabricated, out of 2X2 inch galvanized square tubing six 24 inch posts. Each post was attached to the cross-members of the trailer aft of the tongue via u-bolts. The use of u-bolts allowed for up or down movement of the posts. At the top of each post a standard bunk bracket was attached via a single bolt, nut and 2 washers by drilling through the square tubing. 12 foot long pressure treated 2X4 bunks, covered in marine carpet were attached to the 2X2 uprights. Additional modifications included raising the winch stand to permit a straight pull when retrieving the boat and the installation of a six foot tongue extender to accommodate the rather shallow launch area I use. Total cost for the additional modification to the trailer and the purchase of all material was right at $600.00. For under a thousand dollars I now have a trailer suitable for my Baboa 20. Hope this helps as a comparison for your consideration. Paul.

Status
Not open for further replies.