Trailer finished

azguy

Aug 23, 2012
Catalina 22 Lake Pleasant
Wow, looks brand new. The reflectors are a nice touch-

caguy

Sep 22, 2006
Catalina, Luger C-27, Adventure 30 Marina del Rey
What did you paint it with. I used a zinc chromate primer and finished with Rustoleum and the salt water still sent it to hell after two years.

Nov 8, 2013
cal 21 any lake
I used rustoleum rust inhibitor after sand blasting and 3 coats of rustoleum gloss white. We shall see how it holds up here in Indiana. Thanks for the compliments.

caguy

Sep 22, 2006
Catalina, Luger C-27, Adventure 30 Marina del Rey
It looks great, I hope the fresh water is kinder to you than the salt water was too me.

Jul 21, 2013
Searching for 1st sailing boat 27-28, 34-36 Channel Islands, Marina Del Rey
66, did you sand blast the trailer yourself? How did you do the whole restore?
Looks really great, I have a black painted trailer that I would like to restore.
Thanks.

Nov 8, 2013
cal 21 any lake
I got a $50 sand plaster and some black beauty sand from Menards and sand blasted the whole trailer every inch. some parts of the trailer were sanded all the way down to bare metal and some just blew off the loose paint. All the bunks were rotted so in the dumpster they went and were replaced with new pressure treated 2x6's that were covered with outdoor carpet from Lowes, plus used outdoor carpet adhesive to hold carpet in place. Next reprinted every part that was rusted or had rust with rust inhibitor and then other parts that needed only paint with white primer and then whole trailer with 3 coats of gloss white rustoleum. I used spray cans but if I had access to spray gun I would have done it that way. New lights and wiring all the way around from lowes, new winch submersible and reflector striping new chains for front and non slip step adhesive on fenders a lot of new nuts and bolts galvinized and some stainless and all said and done about $350 and a lot of late nights at the garage