TowboatUS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 22, 2008
Endeavour 32 Portland, Maine
Before I started this trip, I asked for opinions about TowboatUS vs Seatow. If you look back at that thread, you'll see that the responses were almost unanimous in favor of TowboatUS. My experience certainly confirms that.

They did say that they were only doing it because it was the off season and when their guys need some tows to get in practice for the season. Still, they towed me for hours and treated it as two separate tow jobs with a transfer in order to get me to a place where I had dockage, support, and a choice of yards.

I'm sure that, if this had been a couple months from now, they would have just taken me the few miles to Reedsville where I would have been miles from anywhere and hostage to one yard. However, the fact that they considered my situation instead of just their bottom line and went the extra mile, uh 40 miles, together with the way they handled and responded to all the normal aspects of the event was impressive.

My very highest recommendation. They may well turn out to have tipped the scales to making it possible for me to keep the boat.

I'm in limbo until Friday at 0900 when the yard owner comes to look at the installation to come up with a plan.

Apr 29, 2011
Finnsailer 38 Massachusetts
I think both TowBoatUS and SeaTow are franchises, so they can vary from franchisee to franchisee. In some areas one may be better than the other. Quite a few years ago I overheard on the radio a SeaTow guy on the radio save some injured boaters in the water and I strongly suspect he saved some lives that day as the Coast Guard response was late getting to the scene.

Mar 21, 2004
Hunter 356 Cobb Island, MD
Glad to hear, I see you are in Solomons. Which marina are you talking to?

Roger, you are about 1.5-2 hrs from me. What kind of help do you need. Email me and we can figure something out...

Feb 26, 2004
Catalina 34 224 Maple Bay, BC, Canada
All the best, we know you'll keep us posted, heck, some of us might actually have the part(s) you'll need...:):):)

Status
Not open for further replies.