Toshiba A/C 110V breaker

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Luke Schouten

Hello Yamaha sailors, I wish you all a very happy sailing season in 2007! My problem: I have a tired A/C 110V breaker in my Electrical Panel and would like to replace it. As far as I know it is no longer available, but ........ Made by Toshiba electric. The model nr. SB31B 2P1E25'C 41-4291 IC 1500A (15 AMP) I have e-mailed Yamaha and reveived no answer. Anyone had this problem and found an answer?? Luke

T

Tim

Breaker

I had the same problem on my Y33. The breaker for the outlets would sometimes not pass power even though it wasn't in the tripped position. I also noticed the breaker was getting quite warm and made a little buzzing sound. If I turned the breaker off and than back on again 'just so' it would work for a few days, but then the same problem would occur again. I removed the breaker and took it apart, which was really quite easy. I could see that there was some arcing deposits on the points that make the electrical connection and I dressed these points using a breaker point file I had left over from playing with cars. This worked for awhile but the problem did re-occur. So I filed the points again, but I also noticed that the points were not making very good contact either; that is they were barely touching. This appeared to be caused by the points being worn and the 'cam' that makes the connection being worn from use. So I also slightly adjusted the moveable arm that the points are on so that better contact is made. I wish I had taken a picture of this to send you. I was able to test the breaker to see if it still trips by applying too much draw on the outlets....it worked fine. These breakers seem to be thermally tripped and have contacts for both hot and neutral. BTW we are live aboards so we use the power a lot. Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.