Tornado pictures

AXEL

Mar 12, 2008
Catalina C30 MKIII WEST ISLIP, NY
Very nice photo's, thanks!
I can't believe you had the composure to snap pictures with that "monster" heading down on you.
What did it sound like?

Alan

Jun 2, 2004
Hunter 35.5 LI, NY
Very COOL pictures!!

If I could suggest, your halyards both main and genoa are way too loose. You would get far better sail shape and performance if the halyards were tight.

Oddly enough we had a water spout in our harbor this summer also.

Attachments

walt

Jun 1, 2007
Macgregor 26S Hobie TI Ridgway Colorado
On a normal day in the summer, this lake will have thunder storms building to the West (the snow capped mountains you can see in one picture is the continental divide - a bunch of the Rocky Mountain 14'ers are visiible from the lake). Early afternoon, the wind will come up out of the West / North West and a passing thunderstorm is common.

On this day, the wind came up fairly strong out of the East with the typical thunderstorms building to the West. When the Tornado came onto the lake, the wind dropped off and was actually fairly calm when the tornado got the closest to me (maybe 2- 3 hundred yards it seemed). I dont remember any noise - it seemed actually quite..

After the Tornado passed, the wind came back up farily strong out of the west with rain and hail for about a half hour.

Marcia

Mar 26, 2007
Paceship Yachts PY23 Cove Marina, NAB, Norfolk VA
WOW! Great shots! I think I'd have to change my underwear after that experience.

Feb 17, 2006
Lancer 27PS MCB Camp Pendleton KF6BL
Fascinating photos! Send them to WeatherUnderground and the to Weather Channel. Those are fantastic.

Sep 29, 2008
Oday 222 Western Lake Erie
Glad you are safe! That is to much power to be caught up in. Pixs are definitely more than a thousand words. Thanks for sharing.

Jan 1, 2008
Islander 36 Salem MA
Well done .We in the east had a few encounters with nasty thunderstorms and a few small tornados this year ,but nothing like that !

elle

Sep 13, 1996
Rhodes 22 Northern Neck of Virginia
Kudos for being able to keep your composure and take such stunning photos while dealing with an errant outboard.

Thanks for posting those.