Topside Paint

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Scott Narum

Hello! I've got a '79 Cat 30, and the topside fiberglass is looking rough, especially the non-slip which was originally light blue. I've been told that I can paint the deck with a polyurethane paint like Awlgrip and it will turn out great even if roller applied. Has anyone tried this and if so, how did it turn out? Thanks, Scott

L

LaDonna Bubak - Catalina Owners

Check the archives

Hi Scott - Check out the archives for recent discussions about this very topic. If they don't answer your questions, come on back! :) LaDonna

J

Jay Beery

Ask MoeMac

Hi, a guy by the name of MoeMac did a little piece on painting the topsides. I tried the E-mail address given for more info with no success. MoeMac if you are out there in Aloha Land try again! e-mail me at vettesrus@mciworld.com

K

Ken Palmer

Worked great for me.

Been there, done that. Ken, S/V Liberty

K

Kevin Dykema

deck paint

I just finished doing this last week on my 1977 Catalina 30. I used Interlux polyurethane on the non skid with both a roller and a brush and had good results.

E

Eric

One part

I've painted decks with a one part and it worked out well. Need to keep an eye on teh temperature. On the other hand I know somebody who used house paint on their non-skid and it looks great 5 years later.

Status
Not open for further replies.