Too many ads

Jan 7, 2011
Oday 322 East Chicago, IN
Strange…

I am logged in and when I go to the Boat Info page, No ads…

I do use an ad blocker on this browser on my iPad.

IMG_2787.png

But if I use another browser, without ad blocker, I get ads…doesn’t matter if I am signed in or not…still get ads.
nice Tshirt ad by the way :confused:

IMG_2788.png

Greg

Jan 11, 2014
Sabre 362 113 Fair Haven, NY
Greg,

You might want to take a closer look. I don't think SBO sell T-shirts that say "I lick.. swallow... and suck..."

Okay, so I did omit a few words.... :biggrin: :beer:

• Wow
Jan 7, 2011
It does beg the question of how much control SBO or any website host has over the types of ads.

I personally hate the ads (TV, YouTube, websites, etc) and try to avoid them when possible.

Sometimes, like my example, they seem a bit tasteless or worse.

But I do like SBO ;)

Greg

Jan 11, 2014
It does beg the question of how much control SBO or any website host has over the types of ads.

I personally hate the ads (TV, YouTube, websites, etc) and try to avoid them when possible.

Sometimes, like my example, they seem a bit tasteless or worse.

But I do like SBO ;)

Greg
The ads are delivered by algorthim that google and other companies control. If you have a tracking history the ads should be sort of relevant to your tracking history. Google also uses your search history to gear ads to items you might be interested in. Facebook does the same. If the ad agent doesn't have a tracking history then the ads will be kind of random. When a company purchases ads it can specify target audiences or use a shotgun approach. If you intentionally or accidentally click on an ad who ever is delivering that ad (the agency not the website) will record you as being interested in that kind of product or service.

Some browsers and ad blockers have a block tracking cookies option. Apple's Safari does, it is an option under the preferences menu.

Sometimes the reason for ads appearing defies logic. I repeatedly get ads for bras on a couple of very mainstream news sites I visit. At the ads are for small breasted people and I think I meet that criteria, definitely a AAA cup. :biggrin:

Jan 7, 2011
The ads are delivered by algorthim that google and other companies control. If you have a tracking history the ads should be sort of relevant to your tracking history. Google also uses your search history to gear ads to items you might be interested in. Facebook does the same. If the ad agent doesn't have a tracking history then the ads will be kind of random. When a company purchases ads it can specify target audiences or use a shotgun approach. If you intentionally or accidentally click on an ad who ever is delivering that ad (the agency not the website) will record you as being interested in that kind of product or service.

Some browsers and ad blockers have a block tracking cookies option. Apple's Safari does, it is an option under the preferences menu.

Sometimes the reason for ads appearing defies logic. I repeatedly get ads for bras on a couple of very mainstream news sites I visit. At the ads are for small breasted people and I think I meet that criteria, definitely a AAA cup. :biggrin:
Miy ads should have popped up MaxProp or FlexoFold props….not t-shirts for crazy women (or their boy friends).

OK…I won’t blame SBO for the specific ads.

Greg

Jan 11, 2014
FWIW, if you use DuckDuckGo as a search engine, they do not track your searches. DDG uses Bing as a search engine and anonymizes the search.

Everyone should be aware that all websites will collect your IP address and the browser being used. Many websites can detect VPNs, so using a VPN does not ensure anonymity. Some VPNs, especially the free VPNs collect information on the sites accessed. IP addresses can be geolocated quite precisely depending on your ISP. Be safe out there.