Toerail for Capri 22?

Slartibartfass

Capri 22 Mod
Dec 13, 2015
Catalina Capri 22 1139 Mamaroneck, NY
Has anyone ever considered/done this? Does it make sense to install a toerail on a small boat like this :?:

HERSH

Nov 21, 2012
Catalina Capri 22 http://www.chelseayacht.org
MK I Capri 22's have teak toe rails in the cockpit. I removed the toe rails on both my Capri 22's.
1) I did not like them when sitting on the cockpit seats.
2) I have cockpit cushions with # 427 and they would not fit in place with the rails.
3) Less pieces ( 4) of teak to maintain.

I think the MK II's have molded in toe rails?

Hershey

Aug 6, 2015
Gents,
In the process of fitting out Lil Fox, which has yet to hit the water. Currently installing extra sail tracks, one set on the coach house sides, and for spinnaker gear et al, from the aft of the coachhouse to the rear stanchion.
I have a moulded in toerail that is along the coachhouse sides, and the new rear sail track installed on the outside edge of the hull will give a small lip.
IMO toerails don't need to be very high, but give a critical stop for scrambling around on deck in any kind of wet or bouncy conditions.
That toehold really helps!
In the throes of cleaning up those cockpit cushion retainers. An hour with a sharp scraper and off came what I'm guessing was one of those "new and improved" water based clear finishes. Hatch slides are nearly done and I'll probably hit the washboards with a heat gun on the outside. My plan is to simply give them a coat of thinned out tung oil and leave it at that. Varnish externally is a PIA, and unnecessary with good quality teak.
Cheers,
Richard

Slartibartfass

Capri 22 Mod
Dec 13, 2015
Catalina Capri 22 1139 Mamaroneck, NY
We need some pictures!

Rrusse11 said:
Gents,
In the process of fitting out Lil Fox, which has yet to hit the water. Currently installing extra sail tracks, one set on the coach house sides, and for spinnaker gear et al, from the aft of the coachhouse to the rear stanchion.
I have a moulded in toerail that is along the coachhouse sides, and the new rear sail track installed on the outside edge of the hull will give a small lip.
IMO toerails don't need to be very high, but give a critical stop for scrambling around on deck in any kind of wet or bouncy conditions.
That toehold really helps!
In the throes of cleaning up those cockpit cushion retainers. An hour with a sharp scraper and off came what I'm guessing was one of those "new and improved" water based clear finishes. Hatch slides are nearly done and I'll probably hit the washboards with a heat gun on the outside. My plan is to simply give them a coat of thinned out tung oil and leave it at that. Varnish externally is a PIA, and unnecessary with good quality teak.
Cheers,
Richard