To all S2 owners

Status
Not open for further replies.

timtim

Nov 12, 2012
Hunter 28.5 Southport, NC
I've just been here a month, new to sailing and the S2 8.0. Thank you for the help you have given me so far and for the help I will need in the future. Can all of you share pics of you're cabin areas and top deck, hull pics? Looking for ideas on refitting S2's new interior and exterior.

Hope everyone has a nice Christmas and a Happy New Year.

I just got myself the WaveBlade for Chritmas, going to try it out this weekend, I scrapped the barnacles, but still have to get the feet off.

Sep 25, 2008
Harpoon 5.2 Honolulu, HI
I ditched the carpet on the "walls" in mine and just painted it in the main cabin and used vinyl over them in the vee berth. Looks cleaner and less " '80s."
Recommend cleaning the carpet on the roof with a steam cleaner or even oxy clean, it will turn a different color.
It's also not too hard to make cushion covers if you have a sewing machine. You can just make slip-ons - it is cheap and still looks good.
Best of luck!

timtim

Nov 12, 2012
Hunter 28.5 Southport, NC
Thanks Mark, the side walls are in great shape, but dated like you said.
Some of the wood trim inside needs a little TLC, put overall looks great
For its age.

Feb 24, 2009
Beneteau 36cc Fort Myers
+/-s of S 2 Center Cockpit 30' Please. What would be a reasonable price?

Sep 12, 2010
S2 8.0c Ninnescah Sailing Association
+/-s of S 2 Center Cockpit 30' Please. What would be a reasonable price?
Can't speak for the 30 but I have a S2 26' (8.0) center cockpit which in many ways is just a junior to the 30.

+s: Center Cockpit with better visibility and aft cabin! I love having the available deck space behind the cockpit as well.
-s: Center Cockpit free board makes healing over more pronounced!

I would love to upgrade to a 30 some day.

Apr 16, 2010
S2 11.0 aft cockpit Inner Harbor, Baltimore
Updating the upholstery and upgrading the foam/mattresses was the key for me. (The original will never wear out!)

Status
Not open for further replies.