Time for new AC.

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
@SycloneDriver, where are you slipped at Grand? Our friends in Wichita have a Hunter at Grand Lake Sailing Club
You might have a good AC tech look at your system. I thought our refrigeration was toast and I was about to spend $$ replacing it. A local company came out and tested it, fixed a leak, evacuated and recharged, and it has been working perfectly! Sure, a new one would be more efficient, but how long would it take to see a return on the much larger expenditure.
GRANDLakeSailingClubLogo1.png

Jul 23, 2009
Beneteau 31 Oceanis Grand Lake, Oklahoma
@SycloneDriver, where are you slipped at Grand? Our friends in Wichita have a Hunter at Grand Lake Sailing Club
You might have a good AC tech look at your system. I thought our refrigeration was toast and I was about to spend $$ replacing it. A local company came out and tested it, fixed a leak, evacuated and recharged, and it has been working perfectly! Sure, a new one would be more efficient, but how long would it take to see a return on the much larger expenditure.
View attachment 189058
I'm at Scotty's Cove. There seems to be some confusion over this thread, I've already replaced the system. Thanks for heads up on the refrigeration tech at GLSC.

Mar 3, 2003
Hunter 356 Grand Rivers
Update on my unit replacement:
Took until early October to get a new ECD 16000 BTU Dometic and the water pump. The Dometic unit was slightly different and we had to do some minor duct mods. Changed out the seawater pump too. All working great all winter. It’s a little quieter than my original MarineAirr unit. It’s working fine and last week at 25 degrees outside, boat was at 71 degrees setpoint. Very pleased with the new unit. Took a day and a half to change it out.