Through the deck wiring on our B331 - prepare for unstepping the mast

Jan 10, 2018
Beneteau 331 Halifax
Our Beneteau will be hauled on Monday and we are having the mast pulled. I always to do as much for the yard staff as I can. I see the wires from the mast go through waterproof cable cams through the deck. How do I unattach these? I see there is something up the bottom of the mast with a string attached to it???? Maybe I unscrew the wooden piece on the ceiling below and unattach them there?

Does anybody know?

Thanks!

Mike Casey
Halifax, Nova Scotia

lbess

Aug 9, 2007
Beneteau 331 Frederikssund DK
Yes, remove the wooden pieces. There will probably be a terminal block and you can detach the cables there. I do this every year on my B331, as I cannot have the boat on land with Mast on. :confused:

Assuming that you have these waterproof cable cams or similar

Lennart Bess
Frederikssund DK

Attachments

Jul 5, 2005
Beneteau 361 Sandusky Harbor Marina
Before you disconnect the wires at the top of the compression post inside the cabin, be sure to mark them somehow. When I bought my boat the wires from the mast were not all color coded to match the wires on the boat. To make it easier in the spring when I would reconnect the mast wires to the boat wires, i bought a multipack of different colored electrical tape, and made a wrap or two around the mast wire and it's corresponding boat wire.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
You might take pictures of them as well. They have always helped me to put the connections back together without the usual “Is that the way I remember them”?

Jul 17, 2011
Beneteau oceans 321 Saint John
We have. Beneteau 321,had the same issue when we purchased from PO was a pain to unhook from terminal block .What I did was install a multi prong water proof plug on the wire bundle from the mast and mounted a waterproof receptical on the deck where the original cable ran through the deck
Now when the mast comes down in the fall just unplug and your done.

Jan 10, 2018
Beneteau 331 Halifax
Thank you all. It got done. I carefully noted all wiring details and took pictures.