throttle

Sep 7, 2014
catalina 310 portsmouth ri
The throttle on my Catalina 310 won't stay where I set it .Wants to go back to idle cant find where a spring should be on the motor Could the fix be in the pedestal

Dec 16, 2011
Catalina 310 Atlantic Highlands
I had this problem on my C34 where I'd push the throttle forward and then it would slip backwards. It turned out it was a lose nut on the engine where the throttle attached. At first I tightened it too much and the throttle wouldn't move at all, but with a little experimentation I got it right. I don't have my manual with me, but the on-line manual and images are here:
http://www.marinedieseldirect.com/universal/200157/universal-owners-manual-m25xp-specifications.html
Sorry that I don't have any better pictures.

May 3, 2008
Catalina 310 Catawba Island
Russ: If the problem is in the pedestal the fix is pretty easy and involves the removal of the compass - you will see a place to tighten the lever on the cable. Hardest part is lining up the compass again to get the long screws back in - mark it before you remove it.

Sep 7, 2014
catalina 310 portsmouth ri
Thanks for the advise I thought it might be in the pedestal I checked the engine linkage and it was fine .I wont mind tearing the pedestal apart now that I know that's where my problem may lie Russell