Throttle adjustment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 6, 2009
S2 9.2C Ft Myers Florida
I have a S2 9.2C with an Edson steering system. There is only one throttle for fuel. The fuel throttle will vibrate to idle while running the engine. There is no friction adjuster. After connecting Edson, they suggested I put a wire rope clamp on the cable at the engine. First I have no idea what a wire rope clamp is or how to install one.

Does anyone have the same issue and if so have you resolved the problem?

Henry

Sep 15, 2009
S2 9.2a Fairhope Al
I have a S2 9.2C with an Edson steering system. There is only one throttle for fuel. The fuel throttle will vibrate to idle while running the engine. There is no friction adjuster. After connecting Edson, they suggested I put a wire rope clamp on the cable at the engine. First I have no idea what a wire rope clamp is or how to install one.

Does anyone have the same issue and if so have you resolved the problem?

Henry
you are looking for a Telflex control cable brake ....check SBO store they may have them if not most of the marine stores have them....use Google it works wonders ....

regards

woody

Mar 29, 2008
s2 9.2C NJ
Yes I have a brakw on mine. Under the compass there is a screw to tighten against the throttle. This screw is threaded right into the pedestal and puts tension on the throttle shaft that exits the pedestal. Not on the cable. Do you have a threaded hole above the throttle shaft?

Status
Not open for further replies.