This PhotoShop feels wrong.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
We all do something to make our boat look and feel her best.
But what goes on in this video makes me wonder... Is this good? What is real and what is not...

Mar 20, 2015
C&C 30 Mk1 Winnipeg
Phones... Especially iPhones have automatic filters in the camera app that try improve portrait images, especially in selfie mode.

Back when I was involved in TV commercial production we would make products of all types, look better on screen than they did in person. Same thing has applied to images of people since they were done on canvas with oil.

The tools are just easier now.

WayneH

Jan 22, 2008
Tartan 37 287 Pensacola, FL
The motorcycle BB I am on has a welcome picture of a young lady on the beach. The Admiral is also a member of the BB and she pointed out that the young lady had NO belly button. So what else was shopped out?

I once read a (fiction) story about a guy who was being prosecuted for a crime he did not commit. The prosecution's star witness was a picture taken of him entering the premises. The defense said that's not proof and submitted a picture of a bikini-clad woman with the judge's face photoshopped on her head. Case dismissed. :laugh:

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
If I hadn't watched the video, I would have said the girl was entirely CGI. They changed her proportions to be too long limbed, her skin tone to look poreless and plastic. No disclaimer needed. She wasn't real, by the time they were done, and she didn't look it.

There's is actually very little reason to even higher live models any more. Some really good artists are making very convincing CGI people already.

These actual CGI images look more real than the video model after her make over.
Kristen-Stewart-3D-Fanart-by-Hyun-Kyung.jpg
Catwoman-3D-Model-The-Dark-Night-Rises-by-Per-Haagensen-krk-250x391.jpg
Catwoman-3D-Character-Model-for-The-Dark-Night-Rises-by-Per-Haagensen-krk-768x1200.jpg
Catwoman-by-Per-Haagensen-krk-250x391.jpg
Catwoman-for-The-Dark-Night-Rises-by-Per-Haagensen-Realistic-Human-3D-Model-krk-768x1200.jpg

Does it matter if we know it's real? False advertising is still false advertising, with or without a disclaimer that no one will read. You stick a disclaimer on there and the false advertising suit becomes null and void.

-Will

Mar 20, 2015
C&C 30 Mk1 Winnipeg
These actual CGI images look more real than the video model after her make over.
That top one isn't really fully CGI, it is an actual photo of Kristen Stewart projected on a 3d mesh.

That said, the time will come when news anchors will be fully CGI. Been obvious for decades that it was coming.

Last edited:
  • Ha

WayneH

Jan 22, 2008
Tartan 37 287 Pensacola, FL
Another one: Grand Moff Tarkin played by Peter Cushing in Episode IV (1977) and again in Rogue One in 2016 even though he died in 1994. CGI recreated him with an actor playing his body so the other actors could know where to look.