This and that 270

Ajp

Oct 23, 2019
Hunter marine 270 Merrick
New to me 270, no mast light forward or rearward.

1. Removed corroded deck plug and directly attached wires form boat (mast lights red, white black wires) to mast. Nope, no power from wires coming from boat.

2. Went to circuit panel, found partially detached diode AND figured out how to attach correctly! Removed corrosion from terminals, and have a steaming light now but no rear light at mast. Will have to drop mast (the correct way) and fix.

thanks to the store on this site. Had just surfed all the parts for my boat. It eventually dawned on me that what looked like a partially disconnected jumper cable at the mast light switch was a diode that needed to be properly attached.

What looks like a drain on the sole of the 270 head is not. Goes nowhere, got brave and drilled a one inch hole. Finally found a bilge area under the port birth that connects with it. Looks like can be cut out to accept a drain and hose. That hose could be connected to a sump. Has anyone done this for a shower. Had a 26 from 2000 to 2009, I recall some talk Here about that.

Someone removed the internal reef line from the boom, not easy to replace. For now having it run externally. Set up with true one line reefing with line run to cockpit.

EZ steer connection on rudder broke, lost the external portion of it too. Found a used one on boat which seems serviceable. Original seemed to long and this is a little shorter. Would rather attach to rudder post instead of rudder. How to do and get fittings? Broke when grounded for some reason (very soft muck here).

I think just about every piece of hardware on the deck needs rebedding, WATER!

Anchor roller seems a bit small, want to get a longer wider one as hits boat and shackles get stuck.

suggestions? alan

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
Someone removed the internal reef line from the boom, not easy to replace. For now having it run externally. Set up with true one line reefing with line run to cockpit.

I've done this a two times. Once to replace the line and the second time to replace the sheaves. It is not as hard as this might sound but you need to drill out the rivets in the end cap. The cap will come right off and then you can get at all of the inside parts with ease. Then using a rivet gun (Lowes or Home Depot) rivet the end cap back on. Bring the boom home and set it on some saw horses...It will take 30 min start to finish. Easy peasy...:beer:

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
Sounds like we need to talk. Former dealer who introduced the 260 and 270. Send me a private message. Advise location of your boat