Things are a little quiet here.

TomY

Alden Forum Moderator
Jun 22, 2004
Alden 38' Challenger yawl Rockport Harbor
I think we better start thinking about how to release poor David from this board. Having sold his Challenger, he may not want to keep this up.

Any ideas where this could be taken and linked onto a larger board? I haunt the CS-BB board that replaced the old Cruising World BB. I believe they have a section for boat makes.

I'm still thinking we need help as a group to grow interest. That may mean trying to include a larger group of like boats. What are anyones thoughts?

BTW, I haven't been writing much lately but have an article in the current Soundings in the home waters section. It has a nicely enhanced photo of our Challenger underway in the fog. I intend to make the Challenger famous if it kills me.

Apr 7, 2006
I just visited that site for the first time- Looks like it would be great. Is there a way to lug, send , beam this site to that one?

There is no mention of Alden Challengers in their boat reviews so that should be addressed at the least:)

On another note we're looking for a main halyard winch (the old widow maker type in bronze) as well as a spinnaker pole if any one knows where we might purchase one.

Jun 28, 2004
Widow maker

I believe I still have the main halyard winch that I replaced with a ST Barient a while ago. I will dig in the basement to find it if you are interested.
We reglued and repainted the spinnaker pole last winter, so we will keep it. However I also got an asymmetrical, so we'll see how often we fly the spinnaker in the future. The Hood MPS really works well - on our first time out with it in Buzzards Bay we got to 7+ knots in relatively light air.

Rick

Apr 7, 2006
widow maker

I really appreciate that! We have an asymetrical and it is great- easy for just Cindy & I to set. We could use any pole of the correct length but its tough to find a wooden one.

Thanks again,

Jon