Thanks to response to my query

• Thread starter eric gritzmacher
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
E

eric gritzmacher

to jay t. c.9 and cam: thanks for your response to my problem with the atomic 4 in my Columbia 28. It has finally gotten to the point that it is unworkable so replacement is taking place. Found a local "expert" on finding and and installing a rebuilt one. He is getting the engine from Westbec in San Diego which now owns the Columbia name and says they are the best at rebuilding. Cost about $4100 for a complete rebild with a 90 day warranty. Installation costs are being worked out but looks like $1200 including a rebuild of the shutting box. He swears by Westbec and has some 30 years of marine engine experience, so I think I am in good hands. Much cheaper than new engine. Rest of boat is in really good shape and love to sail it. Fortunately didn't pay much for the boat. Thanks again.

N

Neil

Atomic 4 to Diesel Conversion

Hi, What engine did you buy to replace your Atomic 4? I bought a "good used" diesel M-30 Westebeke to replace my A4. Not installed yet. Will do the work myself. Best way to know where all those filters, belts, etc, are. I hope I'm doing the right thing. Neil

Status
Not open for further replies.