Tartan 30 Pillow Block

Aug 1, 2024
Tartan Tartan 30 New London
Folks that are familiar with the Tartan 30 will know that the engine is placed in center of boat with a long propeller shaft which necessitates a pillow block for stabilizing shaft whip. The metal component of the pillow block is attached to a rectangular mounting surface of unknown material and that mounting surface is attached to the inner hull/bilge. The bolts you can see in the photo are all tight but the rectangular block that the pillow block is mounted to has come loose from the hull/bilge. My question is: how is that mounting block supposed to be attached to the hull/bilge? Was it epoxied in? Are there bolts that I can’t see yet? I haven’t started to unbolt the pillow block yet because Im seeking guidance first from anyone who has gone before me. In any case, I need to get that block fixed to the hull/bilge so the pillow block can stabilize the shaft as it is very loose now and vibrating too much. Also, I have seen other posts concerning the pillow block and some people have upgraded or replaced their pillow block with sturdier units. No details or part numbers/manufacturers listed though. Any help from Tartan 30 owners would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for taking a look!

Attachments