TARNA is for sale.

JayZ

Dec 4, 2007
Hodgdon Bros. Alden Caravelle Seabrook, Texas
handsome boat. kind of looks like a mini-caravelle with the straight coach roof.

Whit

Sep 13, 2004
Hunter 30_88-94 New Orleans LA
Fire Sale! She looks to be well taken care of. Lots of nice extras. No stains from rusting chain plates. Wonder how the cockpit is?

bartc3

Oct 10, 2011
My wife and I have just purchased Tarna. We have had many boats both wood and FRP. We look forward to working on Tarna and getting her in the water next spring. She is very similar in hull shape to our 1951 Rhodes Whistler also a keel/centerboard boat. Our most recent boat is an F27 trimaran so we have gone full circle. Bart Chapin

bartc3

Oct 10, 2011
Alden has a database of all the designs and most of the custom boats, as I am sure most of you know. I found out that Tarna was first called Warlock and owned by Julian Roosevelt. He was a Gold Metal Olympic sailor. He sailed the boat in a transatlantic race that was plagued by a hurricane. Not sure of the year. She came through without a scratch but had to abandon because one of the crew was too ill to continue. The boat is 949XX which near as I can figure makes the boat number 50 out of 52.

TomY

Alden Forum Moderator
Jun 22, 2004
Alden 38' Challenger yawl Rockport Harbor
Great news Bart! We saw Tarna in Northeast Harbor about,...6 years ago perhaps. We briefly met the couple in their dinghy and they gave us some history. You have more, that's great stuff to know.

Things seem a little slow in here these days but there are several of us that check in regularly and would love to hear more about the boat or help with any experience we've had.

Where will you keep and sail the boat? What projects will you be doing?

Welcome!

bartc3

Oct 10, 2011
The boat will be here in Arrowsic for the winter then in the New Meadows River just north of the Basin in the summer. I can't wait to get the boat here and get her covered and start working on her. Many projects ahead though she is in pretty good shape generally. I am sure I will find things as I go along. We will have to rendezvous this summer in Rockland. We also have dock and shower at the New Meadows place. My wife's family has a place outside Sorrento Harbor which would be available for showers too when we are there. No dock there though. There is a public dock with water in the harbor however.

jon

Nov 18, 2008
Newport Newport 16 South Haven MI
We're right across the Sheepscot in Cosy Harbor on Southport. We keep MUSKRAT right across the road during the winter.

We'll look for you next summer for sure!

bartc3

Oct 10, 2011
The boat should be in our yard in a week or so depending on Journey's End's schedule. So let us know if you are in the area and come over for a look.

Jan 27, 2012
Is Tarna in the water yet?

We've been sailing alot in the Sheepscot in Muskrat- maybe we'll get in a short cruise to the west and look for you.

Jon