Tank in Forepeak

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mark C.

Peggy- After reading your articles on holding tank odor control, I've decided to switch from a bladder to a rigid holding tank. Thank along with the fact that I'm charged the same amount for a pumpout of up to 50 gallons. I have a 1981 Hunter 30 and the holding tank is currently located in the port v-berth locker, just forward of the head. I also have two thru hulls in that locker (overboard pumpout and head seawater intake) so I think putting a rigid tank in there is not possible. Therefore, my next best option is to put the tank in the forpeak locker. I'll have to do some fiberglass surgery, but I think that will work. Any suggestions as far as a suitable tank, hoses, etc. The head is a Wilcox/Crittendon manual head. Thanks.

P

Peggie Hall/Head Mistress

It's the perfect location!

Read the article "Odor Control in Holding Tanks" (or something like that...I can never remember what I call 'em), and you'll understand why. We'd be delighted to supply the tank...we offer nearly 100 non-rectangular shapes, including bow shaped...so I think one will fit that's big enough to suit you. However, before you get carried away with thinking how much you're gonna save on pumpouts, remember that sewage weighs 8.33 lbs/gallon...and think about how much weight you want in the forepeak.

M

Mark C.

How do I get in touch with Peggy???

Peggy-You've sent me a catalog before, but I've misplaced it. Sorry!!! How do I email you to request another so I can get a tank. They really need to post your email address in this forum. Maybe I've over looked it. Anyways. Let me know the best way to contact you. -Mark

P

Peggie Hall/Head Mistress

peghall@att.net

or call me at 800-352-5630

M

Mark Whitson

Mark C. Mines a '83 H30

Mark, you should be able to fit a tank into that space under the port side Vberth. Mine's a '83 model and my Holding tank is a glassed in one in the same location as your bladder. I too have the intake water and discharge hose in that location. The discharge thru hull has a Y-valve on it to allow it to be pumped overboard. (I've taken the handle off so I only pump into the tank). From the Y-valve the hose discharges at the top of the tank. At the bottom of the tank is the suction hose for the pumpout. I've also have the capability of manually discharging the holding tank to the sea, but like the Y-valve the pump handle is locked in place.. You should be able to fit a tank into that space on the port side, just give yourself alittle clearance above the thru hulls and hoses. If you like I can send you some diagrams how my system is set up. Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.