Tack connection to mast

MikeyJ

Dec 15, 2018
Hunter 23.5 Carlyle Lake
Is this connected right? Doesn't seem right that it goes up at the mast like that. There's no eyelet for a Cunningham to help get rid of some of the wrinkles that it causes.

Attachments

Jan 1, 2006
Slickcraft 26 Sailfish
I can't tell from the first photo, MikeyJ, if there is a bolt rope that fits in the slot in the mast, or slugs that fit in it. I like the Schurr sail better for its re-enforcement (which may be overdone but I guess they are belt and suspenders folks), the re-enforced luff and a cunningham cringle. I'm guessing the Doyle is the sail that came with the boat.
Is the webbing tied around the mast acting as a track stopper?

MikeyJ

Dec 15, 2018
Hunter 23.5 Carlyle Lake
I can't tell from the first photo, MikeyJ, if there is a bolt rope that fits in the slot in the mast, or slugs that fit in it. I like the Schurr sail better for its re-enforcement (which may be overdone but I guess they are belt and suspenders folks), the re-enforced luff and a cunningham cringle. I'm guessing the Doyle is the sail that came with the boat.
Is the webbing tied around the mast acting as a track stopper?
Thanks. I think I know what I did.
Yep, that's what the webbing was. Couldn't find my stopper. I'm sure it's the original Doyle sail. If I like the boat, new sails will be on my list.