Table LEgs

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

The pair of short legs which support the salon table in the "down" position as used for sleeping were shipped 1 5/8" too long. The result was a berth in the salon with two heights...very uncomfortable? Inquiries with Beneteau suggested that since these legs are OEM from another supplier, the exact length is not available! As a solution, I had a local welder cut 1 5/8" out of the center of the legs (not the end because there is a taper at each end) and reweld. Result, for under $30.00 is a good fit and perfect height. Only negative is the appearance of the legs with a weld in the middle. Since they are concealed under the berth, not a big problem. I would be interested to know if other owners have had similar "height" problem and if they were able to get different heights from Beneteau? Thanks Spencer

B

Brian Pickton

Interesting...

Dec.8, 2000 Dear Spencer, This is the first time I've heard of this problem, and may I say I am unimpressed with Beneteau's response. In my opinion the biggest problem Beneteau has is in the poor level of factory support they offer. I'm reminded of Bobby Kennedy's comment about Canadian foreign aid - they offer all possible aid, short of real help! I don't suppose they had the courtesy to give you either the original manufacturer's address or indicate if they were going to redress this problem with them in the furture? What a useless option, a table thqat doesn't lower to the proper height to be used for its advertised purpose. I can imagine your indignation and disgust. Brian Pickton @ BeneteauOwners.net Aboard the Legend, Rodney Bay, St. Lucia

N

NH

My legs fit fine..

I have a 1998 381, the short legs are fine on mine.. I think there is a sticker on them, so I could find the manufacturer if you want.. Beneteau didn't replace them with the correct legs? Not nice!!! Write me neal@purebytes.com since I don't visit here very often. -NH.

Status
Not open for further replies.