Swing Keel Trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Josh

I own a 1971 Venture 21. The trailer I own is homemade, and it does not appear to support the swing keel very well. I am interested in modifying the trailer to better accommodate the keel, but I can not find any pictures of what such a trailer should look like. I was wondering if anyone had any photographs, drawings, or suggestions that they wouldn't mind sharing. Thanks! -Josh

T

tom b cat22

hmm a picture..close ur eyes and imagine....

ur trailer... mine, which is holdin up my catalina 22 has a piece of steel welded across the trailer with a "U" shaped holder, then a "U" shaped rubber piece placed inside it. the piece of steel that is welded across the trailer is about three inches from the back of the keel. so when the boat is on the trailer, the keel rests in the "U" shaped holder(there is a name for it). when loadin the boat this is supposed to help in gettin the boat centered and gives the keel a place to rest when trailering...

J

John Dawson

Swing keel chock

Here is a picture of the rubber rest for the keel on an original Mac-22 trailer. The quality would be better but its snowing here again. Tension is released from the keel pendant when towing. Tie-down straps over the hull keep the boat from shifting around. When pulling the boat out, we actually grab the transom and heft the boat an inch this way or that until the keel lines up on the bumper; not something you could do alone.

Attachments

B

Bill

Picture of my trailer #2

This is a picture of my O'Day 192 Trailer. Rear view.

Status
Not open for further replies.