Suzuki DT6 will bot get fuel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 21, 2010
Dufour 365 Granville Isl. Vancouver
If you cover the air intake of the carb with your hand while cranking is there suction and is the carb wet afterwards?
Have you removed and inspected the reed valves?

Jan 1, 2013
Oday 27 Coos Bay, Oregon
Were you able to pull the reed block from the case? The only other thing I can think of is inigtion. Even if you have spark it may not fire. I have seen this before, I would take the Primary coil and test w/ omhmeter. You'll need a repair manuel for this. Once you have the values for the coil resistence it can be tested. The secondary coil is very rarely the problem. Next would be the black box, best if a Suzuki shop has the test equipment, not all do, they like to sell stuff you may not need. these are hard to test without the correct tester. Another test you could is to mix soap and water in a spray bottle and spray around the head gasket while cranking, bubblles will appear if the head is leaking.[same thing as a air leak] With the flywheel off, spray around the top seal for leaks.
Rust on coils and magnets can also short out the signal, can cause timing to change. hope something here may help. keep me posted on the process. If all else fails, I'll send my phone # by PM... Michael..

Sometimes these simple motors can be a real headache if there are two or more problems..

Jan 18, 2011
Hunter 26 Beaufort SC
I'm taking it to a guy Monday. He works for the railroad and moonlights as a mechanic. He's a whiz with small two strokes.
There's also a guy nearby selling an 94' 9.9hp Suzuki that runs for $500. I should probably just go visit him.

Jan 1, 2013
Oday 27 Coos Bay, Oregon
I'm taking it to a guy Monday. He works for the railroad and moonlights as a mechanic. He's a whiz with small two strokes.
There's also a guy nearby selling an 94' 9.9hp Suzuki that runs for $500. I should probably just go visit him.
Good luck, At least we gave it a good fight. I have had a lot of luck w/ Suzuki motors. I have a Honda 8hp and still trying to get it running, but I have taken it down the west coast twice. It's most likely just plum worn out. My O Day 27 has a nice rebuilt atomic 4 so I don't need the Honda any more, thank God... Michael..

Jan 1, 2013
Oday 27 Coos Bay, Oregon
Any word on the motor problem yet?? Curious about what was up with it...

Jan 18, 2011
Hunter 26 Beaufort SC
Not yet. He thinks maybe head gasket or piston rings. His dad died and he had to take a few days off from working on the motor.
He also said compression didn't get to 100 pounds until after four or five pulls.

Jan 1, 2013
Oday 27 Coos Bay, Oregon
Not yet. He thinks maybe head gasket or piston rings. His dad died and he had to take a few days off from working on the motor.
He also said compression didn't get to 100 pounds until after four or five pulls.
Thanks, I had a Chrysler 9.9 that would blow a head gasket about twice a year. Michael..
Keep us posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.