Surveys and what you get from them.

Ctskip

Sep 21, 2005
other 12 wet water
SBO is doing a survey about, how often do you wax your boat.
While looking over the results, made me think (don't laugh now). Exactly how many of those who wax their boats every year are trailer sailors, verses ones that stay in slips year round, verses ones that have a short sailing season, like up in Maine, where they seem to have a abundance of dry dock time to play with their boats. Knowing the geographical location and the type of sailing they do, would have an impact on the results. Wouldn't that be like asking, how many actually sail their boats from the minute they cast off, and don't use their motor. Without knowing whether they are in slips or moorings. If most were in moorings the number would be high and in slips, it'd be low. If we are going to do a survey, should we ask several questions to better identify those taking the survey. And thus getting a more accurate picture of just who waxes their boat and how often do they do it. No biggie.

Keep it up,
Ctskip

Jun 11, 2004
Oday 31 Redondo Beach
Yes,

If I had to put my boat on the hard for a few months every year it would get a lot more polish abnd wax.