Sump pump drain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 9, 2005
Beneteau 373 Baltimore
I am rebuilding a Seidelmann 299 from scratch and have 3 big boxes of parts and no directions. I have a sump pump sitting in the sump, but no drain. Where and how does this pump get the water overboard?

Nov 11, 2005
- - Galena, MD
The issue is to get the water overboard and not have a possiblity of water coming in the outlet. That means something high. Of course close to the pump is better but that would mean the side of the boat but that is not practical because if you have never had the rail in the water then you haven't sailed much. So Seidelmann puts it high on the the stern with a 1.125" hose. Bad news is that makes for a lot of volume so when the pump shuts off water in the hose runs back into the bilge, so the bilge will never be totally dry. Typically you will find 3 outlets on the stern. On my S30T (later version of the 299)and my S34 the largest is the bilge and right along side is the outlet for the hotwater heater heating line. Both of these are on the starboard side and on the port side is the vent for the fuel tank. Good Luck and Smooth Sailing.

Status
Not open for further replies.