Stuck Kick up Rudder Pintle

Jun 21, 2021
ODay 23 Biscayne bay
Greetings to all, I decided to do maintenance on my kick up rudder and it has been impossible for me to remove my old 3/8 pintles from the casting to replace them with new 1/2 pintles. I have tried everything, penetrating oil, hammer blows, even a tie rod extractor tool and nothing, it does not move. any technique or trick to remove it? I would appreciate any answer that helps me, thanks.

Sep 15, 2016
Catalina 22 Minnesota
Pictures might help as the kick up rudders I believe changed once or twice if i remember correctly. However have you tried heat? I believe the castings are aluminum so it may be a corrosion issue.

Grotto

Feb 18, 2018
Catalina 22 Wilmington
Went with a new ruddercraft as well, i would try some heat on the aluminum not a torch but get it good and hot then apply ice to the pintle ( like installing bearings but in reverse) might loosen up enough to tap it out.

Sep 14, 2014
Catalina 22 Pensacola, Florida
Yep 35-40 year old mistreated aluminum to stainless nuts and bolts or screws usually do not respond well to any thing. or tool!

Jun 21, 2021
ODay 23 Biscayne bay
Greetings to all, truly grateful for all your answers and suggestions, I tell you that finally I had to drill the aluminum piece and pierce the stuck pintels, with a lot of patience I weakened them from the center and finally when it was very thin the walls came out with blows of hammer. Thanks once again, sorry for the google translator.