Stove Replacement Parts

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dolores Smith

I am currently looking for replacement "guts" for the stove in my galley on my 1981 27'. Prior to my purchasing the boat someone stole the "works" from the previous owner. I still have the eyes (two) the metal pan and the cutting board top but no burners, knobs etc. Can anyone suggest a good source. I not sure what the original stove was brand wise or whether it was alcohol, propane or the like. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Have a great holiday!!!!

Rick D

Jun 14, 2008
Hunter Legend 40.5 Shoreline Marina Long Beach CA
Stove Parts

Dolores, Kenyon was popular then. It might be theirs. You can still order parts, I understand. However, a better deal might be a new Origo drop-in non-pressurized stove top for about $325 on discount. I am sure there are plenty of used Kenyon units around you could pick up cheap. Put another post with your general location and I'm sure people will respond with suggestions. RD

Dec 2, 1999
Hunter Vision-36 Rio Vista, CA.
Rick is right

Dolores: Spend your money on a new Origo stove. These stoves are bullet proof. Nothing to really go wrong with them. Just fill the canister with alcohol and they work. They DO NOT flame up either. You can purhcase these units as a single burner, dual burner and even with an oven.

D

Dick Litchfield

Kenyon Stove

Your stove is probably like the one in my 81 h27. It is a Kenyon model 209B. It was a counter-top two burner model with a cutting board cover. Kenyon is still around and can be reached at Kenyon Marine, Inc. #8 Heritage Park Rd. Clinton, CT 06413, Phone 860-664-4906. If all you have is the base pan, it will probably be rather expensive to purchase all new replacement parts. A new stove may be in order even though they are pricey. As a second choice, look at some used marine stores. A local one here (Capt's Warehouse) had a couple of used ones the last time I was in. If you would like to see just what is missing, email me and I'll scan in the parts breakdown and send it to you. Lots of luck.

R

Rafi

Kenyon/Origo

Dolores Kenyon parts can be found at: Tasco Engineering 490 Somerset Ave. North Dighton MA 02764 (508) 823-0786 For Origo stoves/parts go to: www.origo-sweden.com (the factory) or their US distributor at: www.interconmktg.com West Marine also stock them. Good luck.

J

Jim Rice

Origo non-pressurized alcohol...

...is the way to go. Replaced a pressurized alcohol stove. Only had to enlarge the cutout a little. New cutting board is a plus, but the old one can be kept as a backup. Easy to use and heats up quickly.

M

Michael Hunter

I have a stove

I have the stove like you talking about I am taking it out if your interested my e-mail is m.hunter@mindspring.com

Status
Not open for further replies.