Stove for 1981 O'Day 28

Aug 31, 2020
O'Day 28 Fair Haven, NY
I would like to learn what stove came with my O'Day 28 because the mounting box is still in the boat and I would like to understand how the original stove mounted before purchasing a new one. I have used alcohol stoves a good deal for backpacking and fondue, so I would probably be very pleased to locate and buy an original stove. From what I can gather it is likely to have been a Seaward Hillerange, Optimus Princess, or Dometic Origo. It looks like the original stove (or at least the gimbal bracket) allowed the gimbal to be locked and released using the knob shown at the bottom of the mounting box. The Stansport stove shown in the mounting box came with the boat, and I suspect it was never used on the boat as it is not practical - at least without the cutting board in place. Do you know what stove fits in the frame shown? Do you have one for sale? I would love to identify the correct stove/range, and buy one. Thanks for your help!

Attachments

Feb 21, 2013
Hunter 46 Point Richmond, CA
This thread indicates it was a 2 burner alcohol (Seward) Princess. I have not come across an Olympus stove:

You might find this article on Two Burner Stoves helpful: Two-burner Cooktops - Practical Sailor

From what I can find, alcohol stoves are expensive. Might suggest a compact butane stove as you can purchase them for ~$25-35. I use one for outside cooking on our rv.

Aug 31, 2020
O'Day 28 Fair Haven, NY
This thread indicates it was a 2 burner alcohol (Seward) Princess. I have not come across an Olympus stove:

You might find this article on Two Burner Stoves helpful: Two-burner Cooktops - Practical Sailor

From what I can find, alcohol stoves are expensive. Might suggest a compact butane stove as you can purchase them for ~$25-35. I use one for outside cooking on our rv.
Both excellent information. Thank you!