Steve Dion- Any photos for battery wiring?

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Terry arnold

Steve, Interesting wiring setup for the H 33 you posted in the photo forum. How about photos of everything, the battery, charger and switch locations, bus location, and the solar and wind generator mounting and wiring.

Dec 2, 1999
Hunter Vision-36 Rio Vista, CA.
Not my work!

Terry: This is not my work. I just got it here for Steve W. I will ask him to pipe in on this and see if he can add to the thread.

S

Steve Weinstein

3-Battery Diagram

Terry, This was just a sketch I did while listening to Kevin Jeffrey at his Upgrading Your Electrical System seminar at the Atlantic City Sail Expo. As to where you mount everything,thatyou'll have to figure out your self. I have an '81 H33 which has the 2 batteries on a shelf just forward of the engine. I'm thinking of putting the starting battery in the cockpit lazarette up against the forward bulkhead behind the head. The Echo Charger I'll probably mount on that bulkhead right above the starting battery. That will make all the cable and wiring runs reasonably short. Otherwise I thought I did a reasonable job on the sketch. The lead from the engine comes from the altenator. You should be able to identify it with your current set up by tracing the wiring back from your off/1/both/2 switch. The only thing I did in the sketch was insert a bus bar upstream from that wire. That was so I could then tie my altenator cable, and any other charging sources (like the solar panel I'll add this summer)into one bus and only have the one cable from there to the common post on the switch. No photos yet because nothing's installed. I just pulled out my old Yanmar 2QM15 and am waiting for delivery of my new 2GM20. Once the new engine's installed and I reinstall the (now) house batteries and add the starting battery and Echo Charger I'll take some pictures if you remind me.

Status
Not open for further replies.