stern platform on Y25

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 23, 2006
Yamaha 25 Hong Kong
Hi, I am planning to make a swimming platform on the stern of Y25, is it a good idea? henry

L

lyn

swim platform - NO bowsprit - YES

The transom of the Y25 is the only place they built light.I wouldn't attach anything of substance through the glass. It would require to much reinforcement. The Standard swim ladder works fine. the angle off the transom creates easy entry. If I want a swim platform I use my Dingy tied across the transom. I have a scale drawing of the factory ladder I can send you if your boat dosn't have one already, You had also asked about a Bowsprit. The previous owner of my boat had made a bolt on extension for an Asmetrical chute. I took it the next step and created the " poor-mans retractable bowsprit". I fabricated a new plate that bolts to the bow that has a tube attached.I picked up a used spin pole at the local surplus dealer that slides through the tube. A "U" bolt through the fordeck allows you to clip what would be the mast end to the deck when extended, and slides back when not in use. As The pole has no downhaul (that would require violating the bow with an attachment point). I only extend out about 15" forward of the headstay. This only allows you to flag the chute to tack but keeps you clear of the headsails. I'll try to post some photos either here or on Bob's web-site. pictures are worth a thousand words! If you look closely at the photos of Syntonos you can kind of see it.

Jul 23, 2006
Yamaha 25 Hong Kong
Thank Lyn, could you send me some photos

Thanks Lyn, Yes, can you send me some photos about the bow-spirit? By the way, I am still thinking if I could make a platform, even a small size at the stern just like to wakeboard boat. My email is henry94112981@yahoo.com.hk Man thanks.

L

Lyn

photo post

Should have some photos posted by the New Year I'll forward some to your personal E-mail also, From the looks of it a lot of folks are wondering what this crazy Californian is up to. Happy Holidays to all!

Jul 23, 2006
Yamaha 25 Hong Kong
no swimplatform, how about a small board ?

Thanks Lyn, what if i just mount a small board for boarding and onboarding the boat at stern under the railing & above the exhaust pipe, do you think it is structurally OK ? henry

L

Lyn

TAKE A LOOK

Hi Henry, Wait for a nice sunny day, remove the aft bulkheads and take a look at the transom. What you see will probable put some light on my concerns. I just don't like to modify origional glass. Perhaps something suspended from the toe rail or stanchion mount/swim ladder. Permanently attaching to the existing glass will probably affect resale. Lyn Syntonos

Status
Not open for further replies.