Steaming Light and Deck Light

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 22, 2009
Catalina 310 Gulfport Small Craft Harbor, MS
Is the Steaming Light/Deck Light combo unit standard on Catalina 310's?

Does anyone have the info on what light bulbs are needed so I can get the right bulbs before I head up that Bosun's Chair for the first time ever?

Any tips or things to know before I head up there to replace these two bulbs? Deck light has been out for a long time. Steaming light stopped working Saturday night?

Thanks,
Jim

Jun 8, 2004
Catalina 320 Dana Point
Is the Steaming Light/Deck Light combo unit standard on Catalina 310's?
Pretty common across the Catalina line, it's either a Perko or Hella depending on vintage, newer boats like the 310 use Hellas (mostly). The paperwork for the lights may be buried in your "Owners Manuals" (blue notebooks, really), if the PO didn't lose them.

Sep 29, 2008
Catalina 310 #185 Quantico
???

paul It works.............paulj :troll:[/QUOTE said:
PaulJ, You are killing us. ;) What kind/type of bulb is in it, is what inquiring minds want to know.

Mar 22, 2009
Catalina 310 Gulfport Small Craft Harbor, MS
Thanks for the pics and tips. I think I do have those manuals. Digging them out tomorrow.

Cheers,
Jim

paulj

Mar 16, 2007
Catalina 310 Anacortes,Wa
Albanach

:theman:

These may help, as I assume that lights are the same whether furling mast or std.

Thanks for the information......I could not find it on the internet, what you have posted here on the

310 site.

Now that I know how to take apart the light fixture :confused:...... so......I can tell Ray and others what the bulb part numbers are.

paulj :troll:

Jul 1, 2009
Catalina 310 Sydney-Pittwater
BTW: Just discovered, that the bulbs specified for the mast floodlight can apparently be bought at a general hardware store for 10% of the price I paid to an ‘authorised dealer’ of the light fitting’s brand. Looks the same-but haven't tried the fitting yet.

Mar 10, 2012
Catalina 310 Hull#293 Erie, PA
I just replaced my deck and steaming bulbs with LEDs from Marinebeam and have the originals at hand. Albanach's links to the HELLA series 8505 specs are what I used to find the LED replacements.

The steaming incandescent is a 12V/10W 42mm festoon, Philips K25673. The replacement LED is Marinebeam, FS-42-30C CW, LED Festoon 42mm 30SMD Cool White 10-30VDC.

The deck incandescent is a Osram Decostar 51 S, 12V/20W 38 degree. The replacement LED is Marinebeam AL-MR16-03F WW, LED MR16 6SMD Warm WHite 120 Deg.

I also replaced the masthead anchor bulb. The incandescent is an Osram 5008 12V R10W 37R. The LED replacement is Bayonet BA 15 LED 15-SMD LED Bayonet mini-tower, base type BA15S single-contact, Cool White.

I bought a new USCG approved LED anchor light fixture from Marinebeam, but chose to replace the bulb instead of re-wiring for new fixture. Part number N1-360-CLR. Let me know if anyone wants the fixture for a decent price.

Status
Not open for further replies.