Stateroom door on a 7.3?

Jun 10, 2013
S2 Yachts 7.3 Milwaukee
So I have this somewhat crazy idea of adding a bulkhead and door to my 7.3 to divide up the salon from the v berth. Has anyone ever done this? I thought I saw a picture of one when I was searching through boat listings, but I can't be sure. It seems relatively straightforward to design, but installing it might take some work. And I know one of the port lights runs right where I'd want to fit it in along the hull. Any one else consider this to add extra privacy up front?

Sep 15, 2009
S2 9.2a Fairhope Al
i just open the head door if privacy is needed it divides the saloon for the head and v berth when full open

Nov 8, 2010
Beneteau First 36.7 & 260 Minneapolis MN & Bayfield WI
I have a friend with a 7.3. It seems that they designed the interior with that curtain in mind. The gap between the compression post and the starboard settee is VERY narrow and a doorframe would make for an impossibly narrow door. The curtain is a good solution based on that. I get how having the potra-potty area behind a solid door might be nice. But how much privacy can you really have on a 24 foot boat? ;^)

StanFM

Jun 26, 2012
S2 7.3 Lake Pleasant, AZ
I wanted to do the same thing, in fact I did on a C22 I had, but the way the bench extends far forward on the starboard side was a problem. So I opted for the curtain approach. I also blew away the small cushion piece and made a swing up cover for the pottie so I don't have to stare at it all the time.
20150201_125350.jpg
20150201_125412.jpg