staling motor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 13, 2005
- - miami
I just had some work done, on my 25 hp diesel new filter,changed the oil flushed the water jacket All went well but now she will only run for 20 to 25 mints . Need help where to look first.

Feb 26, 2004
Catalina 34 224 Maple Bay, BC, Canada
Sounds like you have air in your

diesel fuel lines. Need to bleed the engine. Instructions are at www.marinedieseldirect.com. If you have the M25 engine (like mine, and I just changed the filter the other day) if you fill the filter up with clean diesel, then run just the ignition switch to turn on your electric fuel pump, all you need to do is to open the knurled knob on the injector pump for a while until the air gets pumped out through the return fuel line to the tank. If you've also replaced the secondary filter ON the engine, you'll need to open the bolt on the top of the filter housing and get the air out of there, too, the knurled knob-only-trick will most likely not work.

P

Pat

don't forget....

...to check the filter in the electric fuel pump too.

Nov 13, 2005
- - miami
found out what it was

It was not air but it was the pick line in the tank the screen was clogged with some kind of mung. Thank for your help. Suds

Feb 26, 2004
Catalina 34 224 Maple Bay, BC, Canada
Aha! Suds, I forgot about that one!

Yup, everyone should check. Catalina finally stopped putting those little screens in about 1991.

Status
Not open for further replies.